Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Andrew Newton <an...@research.netsol.com> on 2001/02/07 00:35:43 UTC

modelgroups with more than 8 elements

The schema web page for Xerces-J reads:

 "Finally, note that in all model groups fewer
 than 8 elements must be used."

Is this still true or left-over documentation?
Am I reading this correctly by assuming it means
this won't work:

    <sequence> <!-- or 'choice' or 'all' -->
      <element name="e1" ...
      <element name="e2" ...
      <element name="e9" ...
    </sequence>

--
Andrew Newton
anewton@research.netsol.com

Re: modelgroups with more than 8 elements

Posted by Elena Litani <hl...@jtcsv.com>.

> >  "Finally, note that in all model groups fewer
> >  than 8 elements must be used."
>
> Maybe this should be worded: "note that in <all> model groups...".  The 8
> element restriction only applies to <all>, not to <sequence> etc.

Yep, Ian is right.

Elena

Re: modelgroups with more than 8 elements

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.
On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Andrew Newton wrote:

> The schema web page for Xerces-J reads:
>
>  "Finally, note that in all model groups fewer
>  than 8 elements must be used."

Maybe this should be worded: "note that in <all> model groups...".  The 8
element restriction only applies to <all>, not to <sequence> etc.

Ian

--
Ian Roberts, Software Engineer        DecisionSoft Ltd.
tel: +44-1865-203192                  http://www.decisionsoft.com