Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Tom Wagner <tw...@snarkboojum.com> on 2016/05/09 00:04:18 UTC

Sound Quality in Video Conferencing: Troubleshooting tips??

OM 3.1.1 running nicely on Debian Jessie for all but one of my
conferencing participants (logging in from mixed Apple and MS clients).
   Of course he's the least tech-savvy and is located in the UK (server
and most other participants are on the California coast).

His video display is fine and crisp in the Conference room, but his
audio is muffled and extremely distorted--a sort of raspy rumble that is
completely unintelligible.

  * His audio/video is fine in a Google Hangout
  * He is running Windows 10 on a Compac desktop.
  * He says his Flash plugin is up-to-date
  * No difference in audio logging in via both Firefox and IE.

Could his distance from the server be a factor for OM?  Anyone
experienced or resolved similar issues, or have suggestions as to how to
troubleshoot this particular scenario?

Thanks for any light you can shed....

Tom Wagner

Re: Sound Quality in Video Conferencing: Troubleshooting tips??

Posted by Tom Wagner <tw...@snarkboojum.com>.
Thanks, Maxim!  Just the starting point I needed.  Already had the user
swap a wired external and his internal mic.  When I set up another
'play date' with him to troubleshoot OM across the time zones this will
save us both valuable time.

Best,
         =tew=

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.