Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2004/03/18 19:38:34 UTC

Hmm sandbox project gone missing

I had at one point a "DataSource" project started in avalon-sandbox, and it was
essentially redefining the DataSource as a javax.sql.DataSource implementation.
I had an Avalon wrapper for any DataSource component direct from the driver
writer, but for some reason the whole shebang is missing.

I was going to use it as a demonstration of how to map the current Avalon
configuration system to JavaBeans components, to show how easy it would be
to skip the whole "user must write a wrapper" thing.  Unfortunately I cannot
link to it from cvs.apache.org...

I have a feeling that someone zipped it up and rm -rf'd the whole directory.
That really messes up CVS on the client side, BTW.

RE: Hmm sandbox project gone missing

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > I had at one point a "DataSource" project started in avalon-sandbox, and
it
> > was essentially redefining the DataSource as a javax.sql.DataSource
> > implementation. I had an Avalon wrapper for any DataSource component
direct
> > from the driver writer, but for some reason the whole shebang is
missing.

Oh, I like the idea of that!  :-)  Minus the CVS snafu.

> I have removed a lot of deleted content from the sandbox, since it took
> forever to scan the empty directories.

> It has all been tucked away in a zip file. Where? Not entirely, but
something
> like /www/avalon.apache.org/historiccvs

Please make sure to provide all of that to Fitz when the CVS migration
happens, so that it can go back into Subversion.

	--- Noel

Re: Hmm sandbox project gone missing

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 19 March 2004 02:38, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I had at one point a "DataSource" project started in avalon-sandbox, and it
> was essentially redefining the DataSource as a javax.sql.DataSource
> implementation. I had an Avalon wrapper for any DataSource component direct
> from the driver writer, but for some reason the whole shebang is missing.
>
> I was going to use it as a demonstration of how to map the current Avalon
> configuration system to JavaBeans components, to show how easy it would be
> to skip the whole "user must write a wrapper" thing.  Unfortunately I
> cannot link to it from cvs.apache.org...
>
> I have a feeling that someone zipped it up and rm -rf'd the whole
> directory. That really messes up CVS on the client side, BTW.

I have removed a lot of deleted content from the sandbox, since it took
forever to scan the empty directories.

It has all been tucked away in a zip file. Where? Not entirely, but something
like /www/avalon.apache.org/historiccvs, and look for files dated around late
jan early feb or so.

Niclas