Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Ben Gidley <bg...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/15 17:46:45 UTC

Event Listeners

Hi,

I am trying to register an event listener on a service using the following
syntax.

 <service-point id="stateFactoryListener"
        interface="com.anite.zebra.hivemind.api.StateFactoryListener">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="
com.anite.zebra.hivemind.impl.StateFactoryListenerService">
                <event-listener service-id="zebra.zebraState"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>

My problem is this only works after I have first initiailzed this service
manually. Is there a way to make this happen on startup of the service
providing the events?

I have tried eagar loading the listener - but this causes hivemind to get
into some kind of loop initialising services which never completes.

Ben