Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bosco Tsang <bo...@ipoline.com> on 1997/08/29 01:20:04 UTC

general/1075: Cannot view Apache web pages via MSIE 4.0 Preview 2

>Number:         1075
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Cannot view Apache web pages via MSIE 4.0 Preview 2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We have Unix version of Apache 2 installed on AIX. After the release of MSIE 4.0 Preview 2, we have received user reports that they cannot get into our web server. We've also do the test on our site and find that this is the case. MSIE 4.0 Preview 2 can get into our other web servers based on NT-IIS, but cannot get thru to Apache. There is no error message on both MSIE 4.0 Preview 2 or on Apache's error_log. It just keep waiting till time out. Is there any problem on the Apache area? We are in need of the solution as a number of our users have been switched to MSIE 4.0.

Thank you for your attention.
http://www.ipoline.com from MSIE 4.0 Preview 2

Other web servers based on NT that works, http://admin.ipoline.com and http://home.ipoline.com
>Fix: