Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/04/15 18:24:29 UTC

JAXB 2.1 and JDK level, was [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.2-incubating (RC4)

Mike Edwards wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
>> Please review and vote on the 1.2 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for
>> Java.
>>
>> The artifacts are available for review at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/
>>
>> This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT report,
>> and the Maven staging repository.
>>
>> The eclipse updatesite for the Tuscany Eclipse plugins is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC4/updatesite/
>>
>> The release tag is available at :
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.2-RC4/
>>

>> Looks OK to me, here is my +1.
>>
> Luciano,
>
> Sorry to spoil the party, but I run into a problem running the Tutorial
> following the instructions in the README.
>
> So I install the apache-tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating.zip and go to the
> /tutorial directory and follow the instructions in the README, starting
> the domain manager:
>
>    cd domain
>    java -jar ../../modules/tuscany-node2-launcher-1.2-incubating.jar domain
>
> This seems to run well (no errors reported)
>
> I view the SCA Manager application at:
>
> http://localhost:9990/ui/cloud/
>
> ...the various nodes appear as they should.
>
> I try to start the StoreNode, as recommended in the README, but when I
> select the Start button, I get an error, with an exception trace in the
> command window running the SCA server, which starts with:
>
> 15-Apr-2008 15:09:58 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet /processes/* threw exception
> java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap
> classloader, but this RI (from
> jar:file:/C:/Tuscany_1_2/tuscany-sca-1.2-incubating/lib/j
> axb-impl-2.1.6.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
> needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place
> jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)
>

> ...followed by the usual long exception trace
>

> Sounds like a configuration error, with the wrong level of JAXB
> libraries being used.
>
> Is this just me - or is this a problem with the build?

You'll get this with some of the other samples too I think, if you use
JDK 6 and don't place JAXB 2.1 in the lib/endorsed directory of your JRE.

Try to do what the the error message is asking you to do :)
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: JAXB 2.1 and JDK level, was [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.2-incubating (RC4)

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Somehow a version of JDK 1.6.0 got installed as the system JDK and was
being selected ahead of the 1.5.0 that I installed.  I fixed it by
removing the 1.6.0 from my machine.  I still don't know how it got
there, but things work just fine now on 1.5.0.

Yours,  Mike.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
 Folks,

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Mike Edwards wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>

>> You'll get this with some of the other samples too I think, if you use
>> JDK 6 and don't place JAXB 2.1 in the lib/endorsed directory of your JRE.
>>
>> Try to do what the the error message is asking you to do :)
>
> Folks,
>
> Sheepish grin - the surprise to me was to find that this is JDK 6
> related - I thought I was using Sun 1.5.0_14.  However - SOMEHOW my
> system is using Sun 1.6.0_03 - and I'm still trying to work out why!
>

> Yours, Mike

Check you PATH and JAVA_HOME? :)

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.