Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk> on 2003/02/18 15:17:44 UTC

Command line in binary distribution

Dear All,

At present, the command line interface is only supported within the source
distribution. Is there a reason why it is not supported within the binary distribution?

If thought useful, I would be willing to have a go at creating/porting the scripts
across to work with the binary distributions (2.0/2.1).

What think you all?

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Command line in binary distribution

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> >At present, the command line interface is only supported within the
> >source distribution. Is there a reason why it is not supported within
> >the binary distribution?
> >
> >If thought useful, I would be willing to have a go at
> >creating/porting the scripts across to work with the binary
> >distributions (2.0/2.1).

> Yes, this should be useful. Also I don't recall what goes into binary
> distribution... if run script does not work there, it should be fixed
> to work in both distributiuons.

The script that is in the source won't work without modification in the binary
distriubution. For a start the Jars are all in one location for the binary distribution, but
in multiple locations for the source. I'll make the files and put a patch into bugzilla.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Upayavira wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>At present, the command line interface is only supported within the source
>distribution. Is there a reason why it is not supported within the binary distribution?
>
>If thought useful, I would be willing to have a go at creating/porting the scripts
>across to work with the binary distributions (2.0/2.1).

Yes, this should be useful. Also I don't recall what goes into binary
distribution... if run script does not work there, it should be fixed to
work in both distributiuons.

Vadim