Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/02/17 19:35:42 UTC

Any chance of an official Axis 1.4 Release?

Geronimo is looking towards its 1.1 release sometime in the next month or so.
No hard date yet.  It would be useful to have an official 1.4 release.  Any
chance that will be happening soon?

Matt

Re: Any chance of an official Axis 1.4 Release?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt, David
+1 to release 1_4 branch as-is.

David,
Can you please start a VOTE on axis-dev@ to that effect? and volunteer
as the release manager.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Matt, David

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Dims,

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:48 AM, Guillaume Sauthier wrote:

> Hi
> The AXIS_1_4_FINAL tag/branch is integrated in JOnAS and pass all
> our tests (including TCK).
>
> Is the 1.4 code very different of the trunk code now ?
>
> I'm in favor of releasing the 1.4 branch as is.
> And if there is issues with Geronimo and/or others, we should
> release a 1.4.1 based on trunk...
>
> What do you think ?

We certified on the 1.4 branch too.  I'd be happy if it was released
also.

I'll start a vote thread as Dims suggests.

Thanks for the feedback!

-David

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Dims,

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@objectweb.org>.
Hi

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@objectweb.org>.
Hi

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.

--
Tom Jordahl
Adobe ColdFusion Team

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Sorry for the late response.

On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 11:13 +0100, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Why such a restriction ?

Because ServiceMix is a project under incubation at ASF. That means its
not an official product of the ASF and as such has to be made clear that
its not. If you put it in as part of an official release then that
clarity is gone.

> I do not understand, as all the dependencies in Geronimo are not at
> Apache -- yet ;) --,
> what is the difference with an incubating project ?

See above.

> A few monthes ago, ServiceMix was hosted at Codehaus and was integrated
> in Geronimo.
> Now that it is incubating, this is not possible anymore ?
> Could you please explain the reasons behind ?

Geronimo can take dependencies on any license-compatible bits of
external code. That's not what we're talking about - the issue is the
status of this bit of code in ASF.

I know it must be frustrating .. but its the "price" of getting to be an
official project of the ASF. As you know, the graduation requirements
are not related to code quality or anything technical, but more about
the community and process. Until those conditions are satisfied,
ServiceMix is not an official product of the ASF.

Sanjiva.

Re: Any chance of an official Axis 1.4 Release?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gu...@worldonline.fr>.
Why such a restriction ?

I do not understand, as all the dependencies in Geronimo are not at
Apache -- yet ;) --,
what is the difference with an incubating project ?

A few monthes ago, ServiceMix was hosted at Codehaus and was integrated
in Geronimo.
Now that it is incubating, this is not possible anymore ?
Could you please explain the reasons behind ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.