Posted to users@flex.apache.org by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/15 12:32:19 UTC

Running mxmlc in debug mode

Does anyone know an easy way to run mxmlc in debug mode so I can check why
it's reporting an weird error?

I'm getting this kind of error
SomeMXMLComponent.mxml(-1):  Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type
SomeMXMLComponent to an unrelated type Object.
    [mxmlc] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

the weird part is it reports line -1 and error impliciting something to
Object.

--

João Fernandes

Re: Running mxmlc in debug mode

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.
Justin the problem is that the compiler throws a compiler error which
reports as line -1. What I wanted is to run mxmlc in debug mode so I could
try to find why it's reporting wrongly the problem.

Adding a reference to that module seems to fix the problem but I would like
to find why MXMLC isn't reporting correctly the error.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Oh ok. Well if you want to keep it simple from the mxmlc, I would recommend simple traces inserted into the problem area.  You can check the log on what it returns.
Using trace: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=logging_08.html

But before you use the trace feature, make sure you have not only the debug version of flash player, but also have the TraceOutputFileEnable=1 in your mm.cfg file.
Setup: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=logging_07.html
mm.cfg: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=logging_04.html

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/15/12 3:51 AM, "João Fernandes" <jo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't mean building a debug version of my swf but be able to debug mxmlc
> code so I can check where and why mxmlc is failing.

All of the source code is in SVN and the Eclipse project files should be in
there as well.  Set it up in Eclipse and set breakpoints.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Running mxmlc in debug mode