Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/09/04 17:32:25 UTC

Cleaning up 2.1.x JIRA

Hi,

Jason took care of 2.1-alpha-1, and Brian has kicked off a proposal
deadline, so that just leaves 2.1.x from the list I made earlier.

So I'll start spending some time tomorrow trying to pick the top ~100
highest priority / most addressable / related issues from 2.1.x to
keep, then propose to cut the rest for now. I'll also go through
unscheduled. I know Deng already volunteered too - if she's still
available and if anyone else is around it will be pretty short work.

Any objections?

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: Cleaning up 2.1.x JIRA

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Ok, I started at the bottom and worked up to MNG-1928. I'm starting
to get to the point where there is less cruft. I was particularly
conservative about things that might be good to have or related to
other stuff, and left comments where I could for people to write
proposals - I'm sure half of what I left in so far could also be
chopped though.

I'll carry on again tomorrow...

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Cleaning up 2.1.x JIRA

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Cleaning up 2.1.x JIRA

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 4 Sep 07, at 8:32 AM 4 Sep 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jason took care of 2.1-alpha-1, and Brian has kicked off a proposal
> deadline, so that just leaves 2.1.x from the list I made earlier.
>
> So I'll start spending some time tomorrow trying to pick the top
> ~100 highest priority / most addressable / related issues from
> 2.1.x to keep, then propose to cut the rest for now. I'll also go
> through unscheduled. I know Deng already volunteered too - if she's
> still available and if anyone else is around it will be pretty
> short work.
>
> Any objections?

How are you going to decide priority before all the proposals are in?
And I would pick features to implement not a 100 arbitrary issues.
The workflow should be:

- get all the proposals
- select the proposals containing the features we want to implement
- roadmap it across 2.1.x
- then chop jira apart

Handling bug fixes would be fine but anything related to features we
can do until all the proposals are in, and then people have to commit
to the proposals so that we know they will actually make it into the
release as we expect.

> Thanks,
> Brett
>
> --