Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2006/10/10 15:18:35 UTC

[C++] SCA build on Ubuntu Linux V6.06 LTS fails in samples

I've been using the instructions that Sebastian posted a while ago for
building on Linux to try to build the C++ versions of SDO and SCA on Ubuntu
Linux. SDO works fine and the tests run successfully. The SCA runtime builds
OK too, but the samples fail to build and I've appended the build output at
the end of this note.

The failure occurs when compiling CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp
and when I examine that file it contains

"floatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloatfloat"

I'm not joking. That line is the entire contents of the file. I've tried the
obvious approach of just deleting everything and re-running it but I still
get the same result. I assume this is a generated file, in which case
there's probably some failure in the code generation. Can anyone give me
some hints about where to look?

Regards,

Geoff.

gwinn@tempest:~/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples'
Making all in Calculator
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator'
Making all in sample.calculator
make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator/sample.calculator'
java -jar /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/bin/scagen.jar -dir .
-output .
make  all-am
make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator/sample.calculator'
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I. -I../.. -I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/extensions/cpp/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy/include    -g -O2 -MT
CalculatorImpl.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/CalculatorImpl.Tpo" -c -o
CalculatorImpl.lo CalculatorImpl.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/CalculatorImpl.Tpo" ".deps/CalculatorImpl.Plo";
else rm -f ".deps/CalculatorImpl.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
mkdir .libs
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/extensions/cpp/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy/include -g -O2 -MT
CalculatorImpl.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/CalculatorImpl.Tpo -c CalculatorImpl.cpp
-fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/CalculatorImpl.o
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.
-I. -I../.. -I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/extensions/cpp/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy/include    -g -O2 -MT
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.lo -MD -MP -MF
".deps/CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.Tpo" -c -o
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.lo
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.Tpo"
".deps/CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.Plo"; else rm -f
".deps/CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/extensions/cpp/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/include
-I/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy/include -g -O2 -MT
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.Tpo -c
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.o
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp:1:61: warning: no newline at end
of file
CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp:1: error: expected constructor,
destructor, or type conversion at end of input
make[4]: *** [CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator/sample.calculator'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator/sample.calculator'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Re: [C++] SCA build on Ubuntu Linux V6.06 LTS fails in samples

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Yes please!

--
Pete

Re: [C++] SCA build on Ubuntu Linux V6.06 LTS fails in samples

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> OK. I tried invoking ./runclient as described and it tells me that 5
> divided
> by 2 is 2.5 which seems reasonable.
>
> Is it worth me posting instructions on how to build on Ubuntu?
>
> Geoff.
>
> On 11/10/06, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Java
>> the

>> > That worked without apparent error, but  ...
>> >
>> > Also which JDK are you using?
>> >

>> > 1.5.0 as stated in your instructions, but ...
>> >
>> > I bungled the PATH setting, with the result that the javac command
>> > activates
>> > the 1.5 compiler, but the JVM is still the 1.4 version. Once I sorted
>> that
>> > out the problem went away and the samples build without a problem.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, I still can't run scatest.sh successfully. In your
>> > instructions it says

>> > However, when I do this I get
>> >
>> > gwinn@tempest:~/tuscany/Generic/sca$ ./scatest.sh
>> > Using SCA installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy
>> > Using SDO installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy
>> > Using Axis2C installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/axis2c-bin-0.94-linux
>> > ./scatest.sh: line 52: cd:
>> > /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/bin/test:
>> > No such file or directory
>> > ./scatest.sh: line 53: ./tuscany_sca_test: No such file or directory
>> >
>> > which looks as though something hasn't been built. I also tried
>>

>> scatest no longer exists so I'm not surprised it doesn't run ;-
>>
>> > To run the SCA calculator sample:
>> >
>> > and that doesn't work because the deploy directory doesn't have a bin
>> > sub-directory. Is there an extra step in the SCA build process to
>> build
>> > the
>> > tests?
>>

>> The deployment layout has changed for M2 and the doc you are
>> following is
>> no
>> longer valid. Try:
>> cd $HOME/tuscany/cpp/sca/deploy>
>> /samples/Calculator/deploy/sample.calculator.client
>> ./runclient.sh
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> Pete

Yes it is well worth posting them and I guess even including them in the
source distribution! Thanks a lot for doing that Geoff.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] SCA build on Ubuntu Linux V6.06 LTS fails in samples

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> On 10/10/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> Proxies are generated by the scagen tool. The tool is written in Java
>> and uses an XSL stylesheet to generate the Proxy code. The code for the
>> tool is under under sca/tools/scagen.
>>
>> It has always been working well for me on Redhat Linux.
>>
>> Can you try to run this from the sample.calculator directory:
>> java -jar $TUSCANY_SCACPP/bin/scagen.jar -dir . -output .
>> and see if you get any error messages or exceptions?
>

> That worked without apparent error, but  ...
>
> Also which JDK are you using?
>

> 1.5.0 as stated in your instructions, but ...
>
> I bungled the PATH setting, with the result that the javac command
> activates
> the 1.5 compiler, but the JVM is still the 1.4 version. Once I sorted
> that
> out the problem went away and the samples build without a problem.
>
> Unfortunately, I still can't run scatest.sh successfully. In your
> instructions it says
>
>> To run the SCA runtime tests:
>> cd $HOME/tuscany/cpp/sdo
>> ./scatest.sh
>
> However, when I do this I get
>
> gwinn@tempest:~/tuscany/Generic/sca$ ./scatest.sh
> Using SCA installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy
> Using SDO installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy
> Using Axis2C installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/axis2c-bin-0.94-linux
> ./scatest.sh: line 52: cd:
> /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/bin/test:
> No such file or directory
> ./scatest.sh: line 53: ./tuscany_sca_test: No such file or directory
>
> which looks as though something hasn't been built. I also tried
>
>> To run the SCA calculator sample:
>> cd $HOME/tuscany/cpp/sca/deploy> /samples/Calculator/deploy/bin
>> ./runclient.sh
>
> and that doesn't work because the deploy directory doesn't have a bin
> sub-directory. Is there an extra step in the SCA build process to
> build the
> tests?
>
> I will run it again and review the log more carefully to see if I can see
> anything odd
>
> Regards,
>
> Geoff.

Geoff,

I thought we were not using sdotest.sh anymore now that Pete has
implemented a "make check" target.

There is no bin directory under the Calculator sample anymore. You now
run the client from Calculator/deploy/sample.calculator.client. Are you
using the instructions from the distribution? or the instructions posted
on this list a while ago (which are now outdated)?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] SCA build on Ubuntu Linux V6.06 LTS fails in samples

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> [...]
> CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp:1:61: warning: no newline
> at end
> of file
> CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.cpp:1: error: expected
> constructor,
> destructor, or type conversion at end of input
> make[4]: *** [CalculatorImpl_CalculatorService_Proxy.lo] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator/sample.calculator'
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator/sample.calculator'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples/Calculator'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/samples'

Geoff,