Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/07 11:03:22 UTC

Metrics question

Apologies if this is a stupid question... but if I extract the MicroProfile
flavor of TomEE, and try and do `curl http://localhost:8080/metrics` -
should I get some built in basic metric data back?

Thanks

Jon

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll run the tests and post my output.

Jon

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Is just added as a library.

Any glue code is going to:
https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/tomee/tomee-microprofile/mp-common <https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/tomee/tomee-microprofile/mp-common>

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Roberto.

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
The spec does not seem to be clear in that regard, maybe on purpose.

It if was supposed to work that way, that should be included in the TCK. I find it hard to believe that it was not included, because someone forgot to add it…

On the other hand, I can see the possible conflicts that it would cause on the "/" context, and even considering that nothing is stopping you to deploy your own app to "/“. Maybe we need to ask in the MP list about this..

I did found this on the MP Metrics project:
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-metrics/issues/65 <https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-metrics/issues/65>

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
This: `curl -v
http://localhost:8080/mp-metrics-counted-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT/metrics` - does
work and includes both the base and application metrics.

Looking through the tests in microprofile-metrics-api-tck and
microprofile-metrics-rest-tck, it looks like only accessing metrics via a
CDI enabled application is actually tested. Should accessing /metrics work?
From my brief reading of the spec, it feels like it should work. There's a

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I'll have a look after lunch

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I used it and demoed it at Devoxx MA. So something might have changed if it
does not work now.

Re: Metrics question

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metrics question