Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Ido M. Tamir" <ta...@imp.univie.ac.at> on 2006/05/12 17:37:37 UTC

log4j.properties expendable and ignored

Hi,

I am using maven 2.0.4
I have log4j.properties file in src/test/resources and
src/main/resources.

after compilation directory structure:

-- test-classes
|       |-- hibernate.cfg.xml
|       |-- import.properties
|       |-- log4j.properties
|       `-- org

The settings in this file are ignored in unit tests
and other settings (assembly...).
When I remove both files log4j doesn't even
complain.

The log level always seems to be info.
This is also true for unit test run from
eclipse (I use mvn eclipse:eclipse)

This is independent of having commons-logging
as a dependency or not.

thank you very much for your suggestions
ido

Re: log4j.properties expendable and ignored

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
LOL! :)

On 5/13/06, Ido M. Tamir <ta...@imp.univie.ac.at> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 May 2006 09:42, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> > Look at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-108
> >
> > But AFAIK it works with maven-surefire-plugin:2.1.3 but not with
> > snapshot version.
> >

> Thanks for all your replies.
> I forgot to include log4j in my classpath (duh).
>
> It now works as expected.
>
> thank you very much
> ido

______________________________________
Cheers,
      Arik Kfir                                   arikkfir@gmail.com
      Linux user, number 415067 - http://counter.li.org/
      http://corleon.dnsalias.org

Re: log4j.properties expendable and ignored

Posted by "Ido M. Tamir" <ta...@imp.univie.ac.at>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
Look at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-108

But AFAIK it works with maven-surefire-plugin:2.1.3 but not with
snapshot version.

- Olivier

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.