Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Koller Daniel <da...@siemens.com> on 2004/08/05 14:51:20 UTC

Newbie-Question

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this list.

My portal context is long work with SAP Enterprise Portal (6.0) and I'm
interested in supporting open source projects. From this perspective I
think I could serve with handling and administrative experience with
other portal solutions.

As I'm not aware of the overall status at the moment ("prealpha" as a
mail said some days ago), I ask you where the open issues are and what
are the tasks related to them.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Re: Newbie-Question

Posted by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com>.
"Scott T. Weaver" wrote:

> Jetspeed 1 has been production for LONG time (way before my time ;).
> 1.5 being the latesest official release.  Jetspeed is in the alpha
> stages, I think pre-alpha is a little exteme what we have working in J2
> is relatively solid.  What really needs to be done to bring J2 closer to
> beta is administrative portlets and site navigation.

Any idea when Jetpseed2 might be ready for the Beta designation?

Re: Newbie-Question

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Jetspeed 1 has been production for LONG time (way before my time ;).
1.5 being the latesest official release.  Jetspeed is in the alpha
stages, I think pre-alpha is a little exteme what we have working in J2
is relatively solid.  What really needs to be done to bring J2 closer to
beta is administrative portlets and site navigation.   For other open
issues you can look at the Jetspeed 2 Jira site.,
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10492.

Koller Daniel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm a newbie to this list.
>
>My portal context is long work with SAP Enterprise Portal (6.0) and I'm
>interested in supporting open source projects. From this perspective I
>think I could serve with handling and administrative experience with
>other portal solutions.
>
>As I'm not aware of the overall status at the moment ("prealpha" as a
>mail said some days ago), I ask you where the open issues are and what
>are the tasks related to them.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Daniel

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *