Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com> on 2008/11/26 20:13:41 UTC

Aggregating checkstyle reports

In a multi-module project, is it possible to aggregate all checkstyle
reports of the child projects into a single report for all projects?

---
Todd Thiessen

RE: Aggregating checkstyle reports

Posted by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com>.
Yes thanks. I noticed that the documentation didn't mention it.  Thanks
for the jira link though.  I voted for it ;-).

I presume you could do the aggregation in ant task and then call that
task from Maven? I am not familiar with Maven yet though to do this.

---
Todd Thiessen

> In a multi-module project, is it possible to aggregate all checkstyle
> reports of the child projects into a single report for all projects?

If the plugin supports it, there is usually an 'aggregate' parameter or
configuration that you can set to true.

Checkstyle does not seem to have this option [1] but there is an issue
open [2].

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/checkstyle-mojo.
html