Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Frank McCown <fm...@harding.edu> on 2009/03/03 15:39:24 UTC

site: operator with no query term

Google, Yahoo, and Live list all pages they have indexed for the
"site:www.example.com" query.  But Nutch returns back 0 results unless
a query term is also supplied (e.g., "site:www.example.com term").
Would it be better for Nutch to respond in the same manner that other
search engines do?  This is a change I'd be willing to tackle.

Frank

Re: site: operator with no query term

Posted by John Martyniak <jo...@beforedawn.com>.
Frank,

I don't know what the timing on completing something like this is, but
this would be a nice feature to have in 1.0, if that is even possible
at this time.

-John

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <og...@yahoo.com>.