Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by David Morris <dw...@xpasc.com> on 1998/05/13 00:16:22 UTC

documentation/2221: Make online documentation search link back to my installation

>Number:         2221
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Make online documentation search link back to my installation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
At some point using the documentation I installed on my server, I used
the search field and ended up on the apache.org server and in the middle
of 1.3 docs.  Making the search work locally would be cool, but an intermediate
trick which would be really helpful would be to use the referer field to
figure out that the search originated from an apache installation and
refer back to that server with the results. Also, be sensitive to the
installed version in the search.

If you like, I'd be happy to take this on if you want to give me access to
the search tool you are using....

Dave
>How-To-Repeat:
Search from the documentation on a local server.
>Fix:
Above.