Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/01/07 04:49:16 UTC

Possible to tie a shipment to production run?

Say I have 3 routing tasks to a production run:

1. Machining to produce product "MetalParts" (Manufacturing)
2. Assembly to consume "MetalParts" to produce "Bicyle" (Sub-contracting)
3. Testing (Assembly? Why not have a type Testing?)

Is it possible to automatically create a shipment from routing task 2 to ship to my vendor?

Of course, I'd already have created my vendor for sub-contracting:

1. Create vendor as a party
2. Create a facility belonging to vendor

Alternatively, I'd have to manually do things:

1. Ship MetalParts to vendor's facility
2. Ship Bicycle back from vendor's facility to my production facility.
3. My production run can continue production (testing) with Bicycle.

This is for Jacopo. Can I have the shipment create an inventory item directly tied the production
run? Can I have this particular inventory item be untouched by stock debits?

As for Financials module, it's covered in Si Chen's documentation. Involves the creation of a
facility on behalf of my vendor.

Jonathon