Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Bogdan <bs...@saga.it> on 2003/05/12 12:26:01 UTC

Distribute transactions

Hi!

I want to use OJB to manage a transaction with 2 ore more tables from different schemas (Oracle DBMS)

It is possible?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Distribute transactions

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi,

currently OJB does not support
spanning transactions across different
DBMS.
But if you use OJB within a JTA/JTS
conform application server it's possible.

I think in near future it should be possible
to do this with standalone OJB (limited per JVM).

If you need 'real' distributed transactions (cluster, transactional
aware across different JVM) you should use OJB within an
appServer.

regards,
Armin