Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/07/12 03:35:36 UTC

Votes - majority or consensus?

Regarding this apr_time_t 'debate,' are we going to be operating
under majority voting or consensus voting?

The reason I ask is that we seem to be in two separate camps.
I think we can veto each other to death here, if we wanted to.
Dueling vetos would not be productive.

Just a question from the peanut gallery...  -- justin

Re: Votes - majority or consensus?

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Regarding this apr_time_t 'debate,' are we going to be operating
> under majority voting or consensus voting?

Questions about the code are always resolved by consensus or lazy
consensus (which clearly does not apply here :).  Majority is only ever
used in managerial issues (as in issues that would fall to the PMC to
decide).

--Cliff