Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2013/09/18 18:16:56 UTC

[ANN] Apache Jena 2.11.0 including Fuseki 1.0.0

We are pleased to announce the release of Apache Jena 2.11.0 together
with Apache Jena Fuseki 1.0.0

* New website design
   http://jena.apache.org/
   with thanks to Samuel Croset

* Text search
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/text-query.html

* Spatial search
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/spatial-query.html
   developed by Google summer of code student, Ying Jiang.

* SPARQL over JDBC
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/jdbc/index.html
   developed by Rob Vesse

* Security policy module
   http://jena.apache.org/documentation/security/
   developed by Claude Warren

Text search and spatial search are provided in Fuseki.

Jena SDB is now integrated in the main distribution and while it is not
recommended for new projects unless there is a specific need, we hope
that integration into the release cycle will help existing users.  This
release of SDB includes an adapter to SAP HANA contributed by Fergal
Monaghan.

Details of how to get source or binaries for Jena are given at
   http://jena.apache.org/download/index.html

	Andy