Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/02 10:43:27 UTC

T5: AJAX and Firefox doesn't work

A strange thing happens.

following an example of returning a streamresponse based on a user-click,
this all works well in IE7 but not in Firefox. Instead firefox exectutes the
action and the simply fires an onActivate-event rendering the action useless
(the page is simply loaded again as if the action wasn't fired. )

Anyone knows whats happening here? (I know this may nog be tapestry-related,
but I'm not sure. )

- template --

<script type="text/javascript">
		function handleResponse (xhrResponse){
			alert (xhrResponse.responseText);
		}

		function asyncCall (){
			new Ajax.Request ('${quickSearchBoxLink}',
{asynchronous:true,onSuccess:handleResponse});
		}
	</script>

	<button onclick="asyncCall();">Do AJAX Call</button>

-- class --

/**
	 * Generates a URI to the server-side function for the XHR
	 * to use.
	 *
	 * @return the link
	 */
	public String getQuickSearchBoxLink ()	{
		Link l = getResources().createActionLink ("quickSearchBoxAction", false);
		return l.toURI();
	}

	/**
	 * This is a server-side method called via XHR that returns
	 * some text.
	 *
	 * @return some text
	 */
	private StreamResponse onQuickSearchBoxAction ()	{
		return new TextStreamResponse ("text/html", "Five bucks below the belt.
That's how I roll.");
	}

Thanks, (and a happy New Year!)

Geert-Jan

Re: T5: AJAX and Firefox doesn't work

Posted by Britske <gb...@gmail.com>.
somehow the bug doesn't appear anymore.  I'm running 5.0.6 so it could be
related. I'll investigate once I encounter it again.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That's supposed to work; there was a bug in 5.0.6 that may have caused
this behavior (and is fixed in 5.0.7).

On Jan 2, 2008 1:43 AM, Britske <gb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A strange thing happens.
>
> following an example of returning a streamresponse based on a user-click,
> this all works well in IE7 but not in Firefox. Instead firefox exectutes the
> action and the simply fires an onActivate-event rendering the action useless
> (the page is simply loaded again as if the action wasn't fired. )
>
> Anyone knows whats happening here? (I know this may nog be tapestry-related,
> but I'm not sure. )
>
> - template --
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
>                 function handleResponse (xhrResponse){
>                         alert (xhrResponse.responseText);
>                 }
>
>                 function asyncCall (){
>                         new Ajax.Request ('${quickSearchBoxLink}',
> {asynchronous:true,onSuccess:handleResponse});
>                 }
>         </script>
>
>         <button onclick="asyncCall();">Do AJAX Call</button>
>

> -- class --
>
> /**
>          * Generates a URI to the server-side function for the XHR
>          * to use.
>          *
>          * @return the link
>          */
>         public String getQuickSearchBoxLink ()  {
>                 Link l = getResources().createActionLink ("quickSearchBoxAction", false);
>                 return l.toURI();
>         }
>
>         /**
>          * This is a server-side method called via XHR that returns
>          * some text.
>          *
>          * @return some text
>          */
>         private StreamResponse onQuickSearchBoxAction ()        {
>                 return new TextStreamResponse ("text/html", "Five bucks below the belt.
> That's how I roll.");
>         }
>
> Thanks, (and a happy New Year!)
>
> Geert-Jan

Howard M. Lewis Ship

RE: T5: AJAX and Firefox doesn't work

Posted by "Yeeswara Nadapana (HCL Financial Services)" <Ye...@hcl.in>.
Hi,

I want to use like <t:loop source="filterList"> which is a List of
String objects. I want to add those strings to the combo box... so
trying to loop through the <option> tag... Please explain how to add
those elements to combo box?

Thanks,
Yeeswar.