Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/05/17 01:31:09 UTC

log4j 1.2.15_rc2

I've put up a log4j 1.2.15_rc2 build with Maven to http://
people.apache.org/builds.  I'm not pushing to have a vote on it at
the moment, but to get any feedback on issues with the build.

Documentation for the build should shortly be at http://
logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/.  Distributions are available at http://
people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4j/1.2.15.  A maven repo has been
set up at http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo/.  Likely you
could automatically download the release candidate by adding the
appropriate repo declaration to your pom.xml.

<repositories>
	<repository>
   		<id>logging.repo</id>
   		<url>http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/repo</url>
	</repository>
</repositories>

MD5 checksums are provided, but as these are not a release, no GPG
signatures are provided.

Source can be checked out using:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/tags/v1_2_15_rc2

BUILD-INFO.txt describes the initial Maven setup.  Using Maven
required switching the build Java compiler from a 1.3 to a 1.4
(though the bytecode should be 1.1 compatible).  However, I recall
from years back some earlier problems with supposedly compatible
bytecode produced by later JDK's not working with very early JDK's.
I haven't tested the jar with any earlier JVM's, but will expect to
do so before calling for any vote.