Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mtod <mt...@thetods.net> on 2017/09/08 14:40:00 UTC

Network Connector question

My Setup:

Systems:
>OS: Windows Servers 2016
>ActiveMQ Version: 5.14.5
>Java: 1.8.141

I have setup 2 - 3 node Master/Slave/Slave clusters on AWS

2 on-prem ActiveMQ servers
>1 running 5.14.5
>1 running 5.10.0

Current network configuration

Germany (AWS) <-> USEast (AWS) <-> Cambridge (on-prem)

I have traffic flowing between all servers except for the 5.10.0 ActiveMQ it
seems that everytime I enable the network connector the 2 on-prem boxes
compete for messages only one will get them.

So the main question is there a issue using network connectors between
different ActiveMQ versions such as 5.10.0 and 5.14.5?

Thanks
Mike

Re: Network Connector question

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
If you're talking about queues, that's expected behavior. A queue message
exists on only one broker in an NoB, so the two on-prem brokers will
complete for queue messages from your us-east master.

If you're talking about topics, then that's very unexpected behavior and we
should dig deeper.

And to address your explicit question, I'm not aware of any known issues
with networkConnectors between those two versions, though of course there
could be ones that haven't been discovered.

Tim

On Sep 8, 2017 8:40 AM, "mtod" <mt...@thetods.net> wrote:

My Setup:

Systems: