Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "jam.ntk" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/06 20:26:03 UTC

How to specify the html text for span

Hi - I have a MultiLineLabel as following

this.form.add(new MultiLineLabel("myLabel").add(new
SimpleAttributeModifier("title", tooltipMsg)));

Now on the html side, I have smething like following:

&nbsp;

Now, when the page renders &nbsp; is replaced to null by wicket. I want to
have &nbsp; there as the span css background image would apply only if
something is there in span. Can you please suggest how can i achieve this?
Please provide any example.

Re: How to specify the html text for span

Posted by "jam.ntk" <ja...@gmail.com>.
here is the mark up:

&nbsp;

Re: How to specify the html text for span

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hard to guess the problem when your markup didn't come through :/.

Sven

Posted by "jam.ntk" <ja...@gmail.com>.
thanks I used the webmarkupcontainer instead of multilinelabel to solve this
issue.

Re: How to specify the html text for span

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM, jam.ntk <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi - I have a MultiLineLabel as following
>
> this.form.add(new MultiLineLabel("myLabel").add(new

Pass some non-null model to the label above.
See its constructors.

> SimpleAttributeModifier("title", tooltipMsg)));
>
> Now on the html side, I have smething like following:
>
> &nbsp;
>
> Now, when the page renders &nbsp; is replaced to null by wicket. I want to
> have &nbsp; there as the span css background image would apply only if
> something is there in span. Can you please suggest how can i achieve this?
> Please provide any example.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development