Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dmitriz <dm...@mycfo.com> on 2009/04/02 21:05:19 UTC

Sun Webserver connector problem - nsapi_redirector

I would like to front Tomcat 6.0.14 with Sun WebServer 6.1 SP8. I have
followed to a tee the instructions from
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/nes.html
Unfortunately, it seems like the directive:
NameTrans fn="assign-name" from="/examples(|/*)" name="jknsapi"
is being completely ignored.
I get the following error: “trying to GET /examples, send-file reports:
HTTP4142: can't find /cfo/SUNWwbsvr-6.1SP8/docs/examples (File not found)”.
It looks like Sun Webserver is looking for /examples folder in its docroot
and not redirecting it to Tomcat.
Any help will be appreciated.
TIA.
Dmitri

Re: Sun Webserver connector problem - nsapi_redirector

Posted by dmitriz <dm...@mycfo.com>.
Rainer,
That did the trick.
Thanks a lot.
Dmitri

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 07.04.2009 21:21, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Will add to the docs.

Done.

Rainer

Re: Sun Webserver connector problem - nsapi_redirector

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 07.04.2009 01:34, dmitriz wrote:
> No, it did not help. NameTrans does not seem to work here. WebServer still
> looks for subfolder examples under its docroot.

I could reproduce the problem and th reason was a sillyness in the
config file parsing of the web server (not the plugin). Remove the
leading space in front of the content lines of the element <Object
name="jknsapi"> in obj.conf. That should do the trick.

Posted by dmitriz <dm...@mycfo.com>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by dmitriz <dm...@mycfo.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: dmitriz [mailto:dmitriy@mycfo.com]
> Subject: RE: Sun Webserver connector problem - nsapi_redirector
>
> I'm required to run the application over secured socket. Tomcat's
> SSL implementation is not optimal. The application performs well
> over http, but when certificate is installed in Tomcat it runs
> extremely slow over https.

The easiest way to solve that is to use Tomcat's APR connector and OpenSSL:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

 - Chuck

RE: Sun Webserver connector problem - nsapi_redirector

Posted by dmitriz <dm...@mycfo.com>.
I'm required to run the application over secured socket. Tomcat's SSL
implementation is not optimal. The application performs well over http, but
when certificate is installed in Tomcat it runs extremely slow over https. I
would like to install certificate on Sun Webserver and see if performance
over SSL improves. But first, I need to have redirection working.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.