Posted to users@maven.apache.org by subh <su...@aol.com> on 2008/11/18 19:59:27 UTC

Question on nexus local repository updates?

For our project, we use a nexus repository and I have sucessfully configured
it to work with servicemix maven-archetypes and m2eclipse.

Now we want to use a new version of servicemix and have downloaded the
maven-archetype for it, but while trying to build a maven project using this
archetype, it is not able to download the latest version. On checking the
nexus repository, I found that it still has only the old versions.

I get the following error

----
11/18/08 12:49:16 PM CST: [ERROR] The desired archetype does not exist
(org.apache.servicemix.tooling:servicemix-validation-service-unit:2008.01-SNAPSHOT)
The desired archetype does not exist
(org.apache.servicemix.tooling:servicemix-validation-service-unit:2008.01-SNAPSHOT)
----

But I can see the archetype under

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/servicemix/tooling/servicemix-validation-service-unit/2008.01-SNAPSHOT/

I was thinking whenever we specify a new version and if its available in the
internet repository, it should grab it and put it under the local nexus
repository?

Do let me know if there is a way to manually update the repository with the
latest versions from the internet or I am missing something vital in the
maven concept.

rgds
subh