Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Maxime D'abreu <ma...@lex-persona.com> on 2022/04/14 13:29:08 UTC

Maven API

Hello,

I would like to create a software or script for automatic update my
projects, i have already tried some APIs like https://search.maven.org/
but this one does not meet the need such as knowing if a project has
been moved.

Same thing for pom parsing directly from urls
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/ or https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
for exemple for the following projects:
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.commons/commons-math
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/junit/junit
and many others you don't have the <relocation> tag
but there must be a solution because even without this tag directly on
the site, the movement indications are present
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.commons/commons-math

Do you have any suggestion or solution to avoid a brutal solution of
html parsing ?

--
Best Regards.
Maxime D'Abreu.

logo Lex Persona

Maxime D'Abreu
Développeur
/
t: +33(0)3 25 43 90 78
e: maxime@lex-persona.com <ma...@lex-persona.com>
w: www.lex-persona.com <http://www.lex-persona.com/>

L'intégrité de ce message, s'il n'est pas signé électroniquement, n'est
pas assurée sur Internet. Par conséquent Lex Persona ne peut être tenu
responsable de son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée
est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de
le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.
The integrity of this message, if not digitally signed, cannot be
guaranteed on the Internet. Lex Persona cannot therefore be considered
responsible for its contents. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then
please delete it and notify the sender.

Re: Maven API

Posted by Slawomir Jaranowski <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxime,

Most build tools have tasks to display, update dependencies.
For the Maven project you can simply use Versions Maven Plugin [1] [2]

What tools do you use for building your project?
What is the special requirement to build own one software?

[1] https://www.mojohaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/index.html
[2]
https://www.mojohaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/examples/display-dependency-updates.html

czw., 14 kwi 2022 o 18:48 Maxime D'abreu <ma...@lex-persona.com>
napisał(a):

> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a software or script for automatic update my
> projects, i have already tried some APIs like https://search.maven.org/
> but this one does not meet the need such as knowing if a project has
> been moved.
>
> Same thing for pom parsing directly from urls
> https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/ or https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/
> for exemple for the following projects:
> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.commons/commons-math
> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/junit/junit
> and many others you don't have the <relocation> tag
> but there must be a solution because even without this tag directly on
> the site, the movement indications are present
> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.commons/commons-math
>

> Do you have any suggestion or solution to avoid a brutal solution of
> html parsing ?
>
> --
> Best Regards.
> Maxime D'Abreu.
>
> logo Lex Persona
>

> Maxime D'Abreu
> Développeur
> /
> t: +33(0)3 25 43 90 78
> e: maxime@lex-persona.com <ma...@lex-persona.com>
> w: www.lex-persona.com <http://www.lex-persona.com/>
>

> L'intégrité de ce message, s'il n'est pas signé électroniquement, n'est
> pas assurée sur Internet. Par conséquent Lex Persona ne peut être tenu
> responsable de son contenu. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée
> est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de
> le détruire et d'avertir l'expéditeur.
> The integrity of this message, if not digitally signed, cannot be
> guaranteed on the Internet. Lex Persona cannot therefore be considered
> responsible for its contents. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is
> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then
> please delete it and notify the sender.

--
Sławomir Jaranowski