Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jens Hittenkofer <je...@hatteland.com.INVALID> on 2020/11/13 14:24:40 UTC

Escape characters for core.properties User-Defined Properties

Hi,

Im using SolrCloud (Solr 6.6.6 together with Zookeeper) . I want to use the same template/configuration for multiple Solr cores. Each core should use its own connectionstring for the data-import-handler (MSSQL). What im trying to do is to add the connectionstring as a User-Defined Property in the core.properties file while creating the core to reference in the data-import-handler, as such:
http://XXXXX:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=TESTCORE&numShards=1&maxShardsPerNode=2&replicationFactor=3&collection.configName=TESTCORECONFIG&property.connectionstring=sqlserver://server.domain\instance;databaseName=SOMEDBNAME

But when I add the connectionstring like above I get escape an character ('\') before ':', '=' and '\'. So the connectionstring in core.properties looks like this: 'sqlserver\://server.domain\\instance;databaseName\=SOMEDBNAME'
I've tried to urlencode and escape the characters in different ways (also read documentation and googled ofc).
Is there anyway to do this or should I go for a totally different approach somehow?

Thanks

RE: Escape characters for core.properties User-Defined Properties

Posted by Jens Hittenkofer <je...@hatteland.com.INVALID>.
Found a solution, if anyone else has this issue the solution was:

1. (If its not already there) Move the <datasource> part from db-data-config.xml into the requesthandler for data import (<requestHandler name="/dataimport" class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">)  in  solrconfig.xml.
2. Modify the strings for the connection/user/password so the request handler looks like this:

<requestHandler name="/dataimport" class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="config">db-data-config.xml</str>
        <lst name="datasource">
            <str name="driver">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</str>
            <str name="url">jdbc:sqlserver://${sqlserver:unset}\${sqlinstance:unset};databaseName=${sqldatabase:unset}</str>
            <str name="user">${sqluser:unset}</str>
            <str name="password">${qlpassword:unset}</str>
        </lst>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

This makes it possible to have those ': \ = ;' characters in the jdbcurl and just set the:

sqlserver
sqlinstance
sqldatabase

parts as core.properties.