Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2002/07/16 17:46:57 UTC

ServletProxyGenerator

Hi

I am currently working on a ServletProxyGenerator:

    +--------+       +------------------------+       +---------+
    |        | ----> | Cocoon:                | ----> |         |
    | Client |       | ServletProxyGenerator: |       | Servlet |
    |        | <---- | HttpClient             | <---- |         |
    +--------+       +------------------------+       +---------+

with the goal to connect some "legacy servlets" and being able to
pipe them through Cocoon.

Actually the ServletProxyGenerator doesn't do a lot. It is just creating
an HttpClient (org.apache.commons.http) and "forwarding" all parameters
(POST) and
the QueryString (GET) from the original client to the HttpClient being
instanced within the ServletProxyGenerator.

It is working very fine so far. I now wanted to connect some servlets
which need the session of the original client, which means I started to
transfer all Cookies into the HttpClient.

The problem now is, that the servlet still doesn't find the session!

Does anyone have experience with these kind of stuff: Passing cookies
from one client to another?

Thanks for your help and comments

Michael

P.S.: If the ServletProxyGenerator is of any use for the Cocoon
community, then I would be happy to donate it.

Re: ServletProxyGenerator

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

>Sounds similar to the recently contributed WebServiceProxyGenerator.
>
>Check it. Maybe you can add improvements instead of writing a new component
>with overlapping functionality:

That's right. I will check it out.

Thanks a lot

Michael

Re: WebServiceProxy

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

>The HttpMultiClient maintains a session by default.
>
>Interestingly the HttpClient has been a stable alpha for many months.
>There are occasionally discussions for upgrading it to 1.0, but no one has
>stepped up to do that.
>
>HttpMultiClient is the one that has the richest functionality and is
>preferred to use over the plain HttpClient.
>
>Other than the JavaDoc, I have found much use from the unit tests and the
>jakarta-commons discussion list.

Thanks Ivelin. I will dive into it.

Michael

Re: WebServiceProxy

> >Appears that two sessions are crossing each other's ways.
> >
> >I have tried multiple browsers with multiple sessions working against the
> >same Feedback wizard, to test for this.
> >WSProxy uses the jakarta HttpClient library, which saves and reuses the
> >cookies, thus the session, if started by the remote application.
> >
> >Maybe you will need to dump all HTTP headers to be able to track down the
> >problem.
> >Once you identify it, please let me know what it is, so we can discuss a
> >possible patch.
> >

> I will try to locate the problem.
>
> Can you give me a hint where you tell the HttpClient to save
> and reuse the cookies (or is this just default behaviour)?
>
> And what is the role of the HttpMultiClient?
>
> And do you know a URL of any "advanced" documentation of the HttpClient
> library form jakarta,
>  or is there only the JavaDoc?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>

> >Cheers,
> >
> >Ivelin

org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:997)

5

Re: WebServiceProxy

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Re: WebServiceProxy

> [...]
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:157)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:152)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:328)
> at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:309)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:585)
> at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:997)

FilterChain.java:247)
> at

ain.java:193)
> at

va:243)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

va:190)

)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
> at

java:170)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
> at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

:174)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
> at

1027)

WebServiceProxy

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Hi

[...]

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:501)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:204)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:476)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:146)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:83)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:160)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:157)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:152)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:328)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:309)
[...]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)

Re: ServletProxyGenerator

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Re: ServletProxyGenerator

Re: ServletProxyGenerator