Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2006/05/10 19:14:51 UTC

What is the console startup soooo slow?

I just started with --long, and I've noticed that the console is
taking longer to start than it used to, but this made it darn obvious.
 The second highest module startup time is the system database taking
2.1 seconds.  The console takes over 11 seconds.  Any ideas what's
taking it so long?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: What is the console startup soooo slow?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Preprocessed jsps add tons of new servlets.  Each servlet takes a
long time to start.  I don't know why they take so long to start but
they do.  Actually it isn't Servlets specifically, it is a problem
with GBeans themselves.

-dain