Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by BABALWA MAGALELA <20...@cput.ac.za> on 2010/09/17 10:41:06 UTC

Duplication of unique keys

My group and I have created a medical record system. The problem is, in
the patient class, when we try to have unique ID's to identify the
patients with, we saw that dupication of that "unique" key is possible.
Could someone refer me so any solution?
Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Peninsula University of
Technology or the sender of this e-mail be liable to any party for
any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any
use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.cput.ac.za/email.php or call +27 (0)21 460 3911

Re: Duplication of unique keys

Posted by Wout Mertens <wo...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:41 , BABALWA MAGALELA wrote:

> My group and I have created a medical record system. The problem is, in
> the patient class, when we try to have unique ID's to identify the
> patients with, we saw that dupication of that "unique" key is possible.
> Could someone refer me so any solution?

How about explaining more about your problem? This isn't enough to find out what you mean :)

Wout.

Re: Duplication of unique keys

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
document ids are unique; you can't have duplicates, which makes the
original post a little hard to understand.

B.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
Hi Babawala