Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by nazeem <md...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/23 04:14:51 UTC

Wicket for Hybrid App

Hi,

We have a full fledged application running on Wicket + Hibernate + Spring ..
Now we are left with no choice but to come up with a mobile version of the
same.. But the requirements for mobile are it must have capabilities to scan
bar code, take photo and upload, attach documents from mail in mobile, etc..
goes on..  So it has to be native to have these features.. But we want to
use the wicket or html / js / css skills to get these app faster. This is
when we are looking for hybrid apps and came across platforms like phonegap,
apache cordova, etc..

Can wicket be used for hybrid apps ? If so how..

Regards
Nazeem

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Yes, I use the Velocity panel in Wicket to have it render other formats but
HTML (in my case XML) as used to transfer some feedback between two systems.

You could do something similar where the velocity template is your mobile's
APP HTML and have those be rendered by Wicket and then sent to your mobile
phone client.

See http://wicket.apache.org/learn/projects/velocity.html

~ Thank you,
   Paul Bors

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
I shouldn't say static, I shoud have asked if your app is not depending on
a persistence server side storage?
ie: I would expect my data view to change when I update a filter and a SQL
or some query to run on a remote server.

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
why wait? https://code.google.com/p/i-jetty/

-igor

RE: Wicket for Hybrid App

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by manuelbarzi <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Here's an idea,

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Re: Wicket for Hybrid App

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 4:14 AM, nazeem <md...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a full fledged application running on Wicket + Hibernate + Spring
> ..
> Now we are left with no choice but to come up with a mobile version of the
> same.. But the requirements for mobile are it must have capabilities to
> scan
> bar code, take photo and upload, attach documents from mail in mobile,
> etc..
> goes on..  So it has to be native to have these features.. But we want to
> use the wicket or html / js / css skills to get these app faster. This is
> when we are looking for hybrid apps and came across platforms like
> phonegap,
> apache cordova, etc..
>
> Can wicket be used for hybrid apps ? If so how..

Isn't this just a matter of serving your phone-gap (apache cordova) powered
 application from Wicket?. At least with phone gap I understand the
application is just HTML+ JS files you serve form somewhere: usually local
"file system" but it can be a remote URL too. Also you could use mounted
resources or pages to serve all the resources needed by this application.

I have made a small experiment a few month ago with Wicket and Phonegap and
I did not find any problems in using both together but my experiment was
not very complex so I might have missed some important "limitations".

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
Antilia Soft