Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/03/09 21:54:03 UTC

Re: Merging HCatalog into Hive

Alright, I've gotten some feedback from Brock around the JIRA stuff and Carl in a live conversation expressed his desire to move hcat into the Hive namespace sooner rather than later.  So the proposal is that we'd move the code to org.apache.hive.hcatalog, though we would create shell classes and interfaces in org.apache.hcatalog for all public classes and interfaces so that it will be backward compatible.  I'm fine with doing this now.

So, let's get started.  Carl, could you create an hcatalog directory under trunk/hive and grant the listed hcat committers karma on it?  Then I'll get started on moving the actual code.

Alan.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Cool, it works now.  Thanks for the fast response.

Alan.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
Hi Alan,

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Excellent, thank you Carl.  I'll start on the process to move the code then.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alan,

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.