Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2013/11/10 19:35:42 UTC

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Hi all,

We did good progress on trunk to prepare Karaf 3.0.0.

We have now 19 pending Jira for 3.0.0.

I will tackle all these Jira tonight and tomorrow.

I propose to submit Karaf 3.0.0 to vote on Thursday, 14th November.

I plan to test Karaf 3.0.0 on Linux (RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu on x86),
Windows 7, Solaris (9 and 10, on both Sparc and x86) and AIX (6 and 8,
on Power5 and Power6) tomorrow night (after my commits to complete the
pending Jira).

If some of you have time to perform some tests, it would be great.

Thanks
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Do you have some test scenarions? I see, you test only on Linux x86. I
use 64bit Ubuntu.  I could perform some tests. I'd only like to know
what do you usually test.

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

JEE & OSS Architect | Technical Architect @ Capgemini
e-mail: krzys.sobkowiak@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> |
Twitter: @KSobkowiak

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I checked in xbean-asm4-shaded but missed the package.

- target/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF (generated by maven-bundle-plugin)
is not good
- but the MANIFEST.MF in the jar looks good.

I checked in Karaf deploying the bundle:

karaf@root()> la -l|grep -i xbean-asm4-shaded
[ 110] [    Active] [   20] mvn:org.apache.xbean/xbean-asm4-shaded/3.15
karaf@root()> bundle:headers 110
Import-Package =
         org.apache.xbean.asm4;version=4.1,
         org.apache.xbean.asm4.signature;version=4.1,
         org.apache.xbean.asm4.commons;version=4.1,
         org.apache.xbean.asm4.tree;version=4.1
Export-Package =
         org.apache.xbean.asm4;version=4.1,
         org.apache.xbean.asm4.signature;version=4.1,
         org.apache.xbean.asm4.commons;version=4.1,
         org.apache.xbean.asm4.tree;version=4.1

I created a Jira at XBean this morning, but deleted it. I reopen it to
fix that.

Regards
JB

On 11/13/2013 01:19 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Sorry but the xbean-asm-shaded doesn't export the required Package.
>
> taken from the pom available at search.maven.org:
>
> <properties>
>
> <xbean.osgi.export>org.apache.xbean.asm;version=3.2,org.apache.xbean.asm.signature;version=3.2,org.apache.xbean.asm.commons;version=3.2,org.apache.xbean.asm.tree;version=3.2</xbean.osgi.export>
>    </properties>
>
> Regards, Achim
>

> 2013/11/13 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>
>> I checked and xbean-asm4-shaded is fine. I make a try by updating the
>> features descriptor to use xbean-finder-shaded (instead of the
>> xbean-finder).
>>
>> If it works, we don't need a new xbean release.
>> I keep you posted.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 11/13/2013 07:33 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> In the same area, I gonna submit a patch at XBean and "push" for a new
>>> 3.16 release to fix issue on xbean-asm4-shaded (it doesn't export the
>>> org.apache.xbean.asm4.shade.commons package whereas it's imported by

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry but the xbean-asm-shaded doesn't export the required Package.

taken from the pom available at search.maven.org:

<properties>

<xbean.osgi.export>org.apache.xbean.asm;version=3.2,org.apache.xbean.asm.signature;version=3.2,org.apache.xbean.asm.commons;version=3.2,org.apache.xbean.asm.tree;version=3.2</xbean.osgi.export>
  </properties>

Regards, Achim

2013/11/13 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>

> I checked and xbean-asm4-shaded is fine. I make a try by updating the
> features descriptor to use xbean-finder-shaded (instead of the
> xbean-finder).
>
> If it works, we don't need a new xbean release.
> I keep you posted.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 11/13/2013 07:33 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> In the same area, I gonna submit a patch at XBean and "push" for a new
>> 3.16 release to fix issue on xbean-asm4-shaded (it doesn't export the
>> org.apache.xbean.asm4.shade.commons package whereas it's imported by
>> xbean-finder-shaded).
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 11/13/2013 07:19 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I missed one thing in the preparation of the Karaf 3.0.0 release: it's
>>> the dependency to ServiceMix Specs 2.3.0.
>>>
>>> Currently, trunk (and 2.x and 2.3.x branches) uses ServiceMix Specs
>>> 2.3-SNAPSHOT.
>>>
>>> I'm preparing the ServiceMix Specs release 2.3.0 now and I will submit
>>> to vote this morning.
>>>
>>> Hopefully, we can expect a release (if the vote passed) and artifacts on
>>> Central for next Saturday morning.
>>>
>>> I have to postpone the Karaf 3.0.0 release after the ServiceMix Specs
>>> release. I think it's better as I saw a couple of issues that I gonna
>>> fix.
>>>
>>> So, we can re-schedule Karaf 3.0.0 vote for Tuesday, 19th November.
>>>
>>> Sorry about that guys.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I checked and xbean-asm4-shaded is fine. I make a try by updating the
features descriptor to use xbean-finder-shaded (instead of the
xbean-finder).

If it works, we don't need a new xbean release.
I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

> In the same area, I gonna submit a patch at XBean and "push" for a new
> 3.16 release to fix issue on xbean-asm4-shaded (it doesn't export the
> org.apache.xbean.asm4.shade.commons package whereas it's imported by
> xbean-finder-shaded).
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 11/13/2013 07:19 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I missed one thing in the preparation of the Karaf 3.0.0 release: it's
>> the dependency to ServiceMix Specs 2.3.0.
>>
>> Currently, trunk (and 2.x and 2.3.x branches) uses ServiceMix Specs
>> 2.3-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> I'm preparing the ServiceMix Specs release 2.3.0 now and I will submit
>> to vote this morning.
>>
>> Hopefully, we can expect a release (if the vote passed) and artifacts on
>> Central for next Saturday morning.
>>
>> I have to postpone the Karaf 3.0.0 release after the ServiceMix Specs
>> release. I think it's better as I saw a couple of issues that I gonna
>> fix.
>>
>> So, we can re-schedule Karaf 3.0.0 vote for Tuesday, 19th November.
>>
>> Sorry about that guys.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 11/10/2013 07:35 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We did good progress on trunk to prepare Karaf 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> We have now 19 pending Jira for 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> I will tackle all these Jira tonight and tomorrow.
>>>
>>> I propose to submit Karaf 3.0.0 to vote on Thursday, 14th November.
>>>
>>> I plan to test Karaf 3.0.0 on Linux (RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu on x86),
>>> Windows 7, Solaris (9 and 10, on both Sparc and x86) and AIX (6 and 8,
>>> on Power5 and Power6) tomorrow night (after my commits to complete the
>>> pending Jira).
>>>
>>> If some of you have time to perform some tests, it would be great.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Ha,
you beat me again, was just about to "complain" about this issue ;)

regards, Achim

2013/11/13 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>

> In the same area, I gonna submit a patch at XBean and "push" for a new
> 3.16 release to fix issue on xbean-asm4-shaded (it doesn't export the
> org.apache.xbean.asm4.shade.commons package whereas it's imported by
> xbean-finder-shaded).
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 11/13/2013 07:19 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I missed one thing in the preparation of the Karaf 3.0.0 release: it's
>> the dependency to ServiceMix Specs 2.3.0.
>>
>> Currently, trunk (and 2.x and 2.3.x branches) uses ServiceMix Specs
>> 2.3-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> I'm preparing the ServiceMix Specs release 2.3.0 now and I will submit
>> to vote this morning.
>>
>> Hopefully, we can expect a release (if the vote passed) and artifacts on
>> Central for next Saturday morning.
>>
>> I have to postpone the Karaf 3.0.0 release after the ServiceMix Specs
>> release. I think it's better as I saw a couple of issues that I gonna fix.
>>
>> So, we can re-schedule Karaf 3.0.0 vote for Tuesday, 19th November.
>>
>> Sorry about that guys.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 11/10/2013 07:35 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We did good progress on trunk to prepare Karaf 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> We have now 19 pending Jira for 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> I will tackle all these Jira tonight and tomorrow.
>>>
>>> I propose to submit Karaf 3.0.0 to vote on Thursday, 14th November.
>>>
>>> I plan to test Karaf 3.0.0 on Linux (RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu on x86),
>>> Windows 7, Solaris (9 and 10, on both Sparc and x86) and AIX (6 and 8,
>>> on Power5 and Power6) tomorrow night (after my commits to complete the
>>> pending Jira).
>>>
>>> If some of you have time to perform some tests, it would be great.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Awesome, thanks a lot Freeman.

I'm testing it now and move forward on the other Jiras.

Regards
JB

On 11/11/2013 03:25 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> Fixed.
>
> Thanks
> -------------
> Freeman(Yue) Fang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com/
> Twitter: freemanfang
> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
> http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
> weibo: @Freeman小屋
>

> On 2013-11-11, at 上午2:39, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> @Freeman: it seems that the latest changes on log:tail (with the introduction on a dedicated thread to avoid "interference" from some binding keys) provide an issue: the CPU is used at 100% during the log:tail execution (due to fast looping).
>> Karaf 2.3.x is affected but also Karaf 3.0.0.
>>
>> If you have some time to fix that, else I will do it tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 11/10/2013 07:35 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We did good progress on trunk to prepare Karaf 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> We have now 19 pending Jira for 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> I will tackle all these Jira tonight and tomorrow.
>>>
>>> I propose to submit Karaf 3.0.0 to vote on Thursday, 14th November.
>>>
>>> I plan to test Karaf 3.0.0 on Linux (RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu on x86),
>>> Windows 7, Solaris (9 and 10, on both Sparc and x86) and AIX (6 and 8,
>>> on Power5 and Power6) tomorrow night (after my commits to complete the
>>> pending Jira).
>>>
>>> If some of you have time to perform some tests, it would be great.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi guys,

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Freeman !!

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Yep, Done!
-------------

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, it's what I thought.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

On 2013-11-11, at 下午2:42, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> I just tried your fix.
>
> It looks like we reintroduce the same issue as before: when executed log:tail once, the log messages are display on System.out.
>
> I reopen the Jira to take a look on that.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 11/11/2013 03:25 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> Fixed.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -------------
>> Freeman(Yue) Fang
>>
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Web: http://fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com/
>> Twitter: freemanfang
>> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
>> http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
>> weibo: @Freeman小屋
>>

>> On 2013-11-11, at 上午2:39, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> @Freeman: it seems that the latest changes on log:tail (with the introduction on a dedicated thread to avoid "interference" from some binding keys) provide an issue: the CPU is used at 100% during the log:tail execution (due to fast looping).
>>> Karaf 2.3.x is affected but also Karaf 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> If you have some time to fix that, else I will do it tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I just tried your fix.

It looks like we reintroduce the same issue as before: when executed
log:tail once, the log messages are display on System.out.

I reopen the Jira to take a look on that.

Regards
JB

On 11/11/2013 03:25 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> Fixed.
>
> Thanks
> -------------
> Freeman(Yue) Fang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com/
> Twitter: freemanfang
> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
> http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
> weibo: @Freeman小屋
>

> On 2013-11-11, at 上午2:39, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> @Freeman: it seems that the latest changes on log:tail (with the introduction on a dedicated thread to avoid "interference" from some binding keys) provide an issue: the CPU is used at 100% during the log:tail execution (due to fast looping).
>> Karaf 2.3.x is affected but also Karaf 3.0.0.
>>
>> If you have some time to fix that, else I will do it tomorrow.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 11/10/2013 07:35 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We did good progress on trunk to prepare Karaf 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> We have now 19 pending Jira for 3.0.0.
>>>
>>> I will tackle all these Jira tonight and tomorrow.
>>>
>>> I propose to submit Karaf 3.0.0 to vote on Thursday, 14th November.
>>>
>>> I plan to test Karaf 3.0.0 on Linux (RHEL, Debian and Ubuntu on x86),
>>> Windows 7, Solaris (9 and 10, on both Sparc and x86) and AIX (6 and 8,
>>> on Power5 and Power6) tomorrow night (after my commits to complete the
>>> pending Jira).
>>>
>>> If some of you have time to perform some tests, it would be great.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Fixed.

Thanks
-------------

Re: Toward Karaf 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

It's a critical issue, I will take a look asap.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré