Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Sheneman <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/03 14:12:22 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite for reverse proxied site

I'm using apache 2.0.48 on Windows XP.  I have been successfully using
proxypass and proxypassreverse a few websites for co-workers to circumvent
specific IP firewall issues.  I have run into a problem with one
particular site recently and I'm sure there is a way to accomplish what I
want, but it escapes me at this point.

I have the following site that I successfully proxy to using the
following:

ProxyPass /BXP/ http://1.2.3.4/
ProxyPassReverse /BXP/ http://1.2.3.4/

This brings me to 1.2.3.4's main page.  On there page there is a login
form and an image.  The image fails to display and is referenced in the
html as /images/bluelogo.gif.  Now my guess is that the leading / on
images is the problem (as I have other proxied sites displaying referenced
images without a problem).  I'm assuming there is something with
mod_rewrite that I could rewrite that reference and force it back through
the proxy with [P] option.

Also, after clicking the logon button on 1.2.3.4 you are redirected to
/Report.  Here I am again assuming the leading slash is causing me a
problem and that a RewriteRule will help me out.  Clicking on login
results in the following error: "The requested URL /Report was not found
on this server."

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the way the pages are
written as it is an external website I'm proxying to.  However, I'm hoping
with the help of mod_rewrite I can get past this.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite for reverse proxied site

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Jason Sheneman wrote:

> Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the way the pages are
> written as it is an external website I'm proxying to.  However, I'm hoping
> with the help of mod_rewrite I can get past this.

mod_rewrite won't help with that.  mod_proxy_html will.
http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/