Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jay Peterson <ja...@docmagic.com> on 2000/07/28 20:47:45 UTC

Sessions Objects Null in Servlets, but are available to other jsp pages

We are running a apache->tomcat on linux. We use the session to set our side
bars to the correct data. But when we try to transfer a object from a JSP
Page to The servlet the object is null. The same code runs correctly on a
windows nt machine running servlet exec.
For example:
JSP:
	Obj test = (Obj)session.getValue("test");
	If(Obj == null){
		test = new Obj();
		session.putValue("test", test);
	}

Servlet:
	Obj servtest = (Obj)session.getValue("test");

Servetst is null
Sometimes works, but will stop after stopping and starting tomcat

Thank you,
	Jason Peterson