Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com> on 2002/06/17 21:08:50 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.3 ServletException

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to view a page.  When I view it, I'm getting a JasperException in
the _jspService method in the cooresponding generated Servlet.

The error is:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No results were returned by the query.
<snip exception stack>

root cause:

javax.servlet.ServletException: No results were returned by the query.
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException
(PageContextImpl.java:479)
at org.apache.jsp.main$jsp._jspService(Unknown Source)
<snip exception stack>

There is a database query that is being executed in one of the supporting
beans for the page.  However, I have no IDEA what bean its occuring in or
which query is being executed.

Why doesn't Jasper tell me what line number and what bean its occuring in?

Heck, I'd even settle at looking at the generated servlet .java file and
trying to find it myself, but it doesn't even list where the error occured
in the _jspService method in the sourcecode.

Why isn't Jasper telling me line numbers in the source code?  What is this
Unknown Source thing....previous versions of Tomcat have always told me what
line number things are happening.

This is so frustrating...I can't debug properly without line numbers....

Thanks for any help in advance....

Les Hazlewood