Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Derrick <dy...@cdknet.com> on 2000/08/31 22:56:57 UTC

Installation problem...

Dear all,
This is my second time sending this email with the same content.  If anybody
know how to fix my problem, please let me know.  Thanks.
I am trying to install mod-perl on my freebsd 4.0 server with stronghold and
lastest modperl from cvs.  I keep having the same error as follow:

==
ib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-freebsd/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/usr/local/lib/pe
rl5/
5.6.0/i386-freebsd/CORE -lperl -lm -lc -lcrypt
modules/extra/libphp.a(file.o): In function `TempNam':
file.o(.text+0x13ec): warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider
using
mkstemp()
modules/proxy/libproxy.a(proxy_cache.o): In function
`ap_proxy_cache_update':
proxy_cache.o(.text+0x1dfa): warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely;
consider
using mkstemp()
modules/perl/libperl.a(Util.o): In function
`XS_Apache__Util_validate_password':
Util.o(.text+0x7ac): undefined reference to `ap_validate_password'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/stronghold/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/derrick/modperl.

I have already tried to use "perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1", it still the
same.  Does anybody know how to fix this?
I really need help,
thanks to all,

Derrick

Re: Installation problem...

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Derrick wrote:

> Dear all,
> This is my second time sending this email with the same content.  If anybody
> know how to fix my problem, please let me know.  Thanks.
> I am trying to install mod-perl on my freebsd 4.0 server with stronghold and
> lastest modperl from cvs.  I keep having the same error as follow:

> `XS_Apache__Util_validate_password':
> Util.o(.text+0x7ac): undefined reference to `ap_validate_password'
> Stop in /usr/local/stronghold/src.

i guess your stronghold is an *old* version of apache.  you can solve by
using Makefile.PL PERL_UTIL_API=0 or just remove these 4 lines from
Util.xs:

int
validate_password(passwd, hash)
    const char *passwd