Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/03 14:42:18 UTC

Camel 3.9.0 Release in 2-3 weeks

Hi

I would like to see if we can get a 3.9 release out later this month,
as we have some great stuff coming in the release and some things in
the works.

The pooled exchange would be good to get in hands of community users
on systems where GC overhead is critical and by turning pooled on then
this should lower the object allocations done by Camel.

The new routes loader is also a great feature that opens up for Camel
to serverless and microserves where routes can be externally loaded

And SB users would like that we have made it lighter by having
camel-core-engine-starter to use as starter which doesnt come with all
the standard components (like in camel 2) so you can better chose only
what you want/need

And we have optimizations in the core and some components to make
Camel faster and lighter. And also moved more work in build phase that
benefits graalvm based platforms such as qurkuas and others.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Camel 3.9.0 Release in 2-3 weeks

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
+1,

I'm working on improvements for camel-aws components and google components
too.

I'd like to work on the middle folder for all the cloud components, azure,
aws and google.. so the components folder will be less dirty.

Not sure I'll be able to do that for 3.9

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gregor,

All done from my side.

I think Guillaume and Claus are still working on something, so lets wait
for them :-)

Thanks for your time as always

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Just fixed a CS so the code should be ready now.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
It is just a dev release. Not lts. So i think whatever it is, it can be
done for the lts.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
OK, no problem then for 3.10.

Regards
JB

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 10:24 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Regarding camel-karaf, would it be possible to wait couple of days ?

No please lets have more time for review this and make this for Camel
3.10 - that release is only about 6 weeks away.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregor

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Yes, sure.

Gregor

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Claus,

It sounds good to me.

I should have camel-karaf refactoring ready for review next week.

Regards
JB

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1, I will focus on Camel component "wrapping" and camel-karaf then.

Regards
JB