Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2012/04/24 09:31:35 UTC

April deadline for the creation of the 12.04 release branch

This is just an early notice that we have 1 week before the end of April; if we want to continue with the YY.04 pattern, and create a 12.04 branch, it would be nice to cut the release sometime during this week.
This thread is intended to help the synchronization between committers; possible options:

1) create the branch sometime before the end of April with name "release12.04"
2) delay a little bit (a few weeks?) the creation of the branch, that we will still name "release12.04"
3) delay the creation of the branch and then we will call it 12.MM where MM is the month of the creation of it

My preference would be #1; please express your preference and I will implement accordingly.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: April deadline for the creation of the 12.04 release branch

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
The idea behind is the same than for Ubuntu.

We could for instance release 12.06 instead of 12.04 or have 12.04 and 12.11, etc.

I personally don't see the need for a Jira, easier to exchange quickly here

Jacques

From: "Pierre Smits" <pi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 for 1) also, I don't see anything blocking

Jacques

From: "Vikas Mayur" <vi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.