Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/20 20:59:30 UTC

pxe disable for system vms

All,
  I was troubleshooting why my systemvm.iso seemed to be unbootable, and in
the process realized that the routers in particular (due to multiple NICs)
spend 15-20 seconds just loading boot roms for pxe.

I've put together a patch that avoids loading the pxe rom in the libvirt
interface definitions. My question is whether it's sufficient to have this
in the live NicTO or if I need to modify the nics table/NicVO/NicProfile
and add a column for pxe.  Should it be a saved property?

RE: pxe disable for system vms

Posted by Anthony Xu <Xu...@citrix.com>.
The name is confusing, but systemvm.iso is not bootable, it includes several packages and files which will be installed /copied to system VM.

Anthony