Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by akkachotu <ak...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/29 08:45:00 UTC

digest value mismatch and disabling pretty printing/formatting of soap message

I am trying to validate a signature produced using AXIS+WSS4J client.
The validation is performed by using AXIS+WSS4J on the provider side.
The signature is performed on the body element in soap message

However during signature validation process I am getting an error
"digest value mismatch". I think the message after it is signed is
modified and this may be the reason of failure of signature
validation.

If I try to print the request soap message using a handler using the api

org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.DocumentToString

or using the code

Message reqMessage = messageContext.getRequestMessage();
reqMessage.writeTo(System.out);

then I am seeing the soap message "somewhat" formatted and printed like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope
	<soapenv:Body>
	 <getPoints xmlns="http://www.lisa.com">
		<request>
		   <ns1:languageID xsi:nil="true" xmlns:ns1="http://shr.maria.com"/>
		   <cardNumber>454545454</cardNumber>
		</request>
	 </getPoints>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I am not sure on how AXIS internally representing this soap message when
tranferring on the wire from one to other end but I am looking for
below kind of soap message which does not have any indentation,
formatting, new lien characters, line feeds, spaces etc.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><getPoints
xmlns="http://www.lisa.com"><request><ns1:languageID xsi:nil="true"
xmlns:ns1="http://shr.maria.com"/><cardNumber>454545454</cardNumber></request></getPoints></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

and since the above soap message does not have any new line
characters, line feeds, spaces etc. and so that even if I sign the
above message there will not be any formatting issues that may cause
the signature validation to fail on the provider end.

Can anyone please tell me how to remove such formatting of soap
message and disable pretty printing/formatting of soap messages.
I tried these parameters in both client-config.wsdd on client side and
server-config.wsdd on the provider side but no avail.

<parameter name="enableNamespacePrefixOptimization" value="false"/>
<parameter name="disablePrettyXML" value="true"/>

Thank you in advance.