Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com> on 2013/09/13 14:11:57 UTC

Support for multiple Local Storage volumes

Hello,
     I know as of Cloudstack 4.0.1 it was not possible to set up multiple local storage volumes on a cloudstack host.  Is this still the case?  I am looking to provide multiple drives as separate volumes to simulate the kind of disk passthrough features that are supported by VMWare.
Thanks,     David Ortiz

RE: Support for multiple Local Storage volumes

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.
Kirk,
    I was going to look at doing that, so thanks for pointing me to the existing ticket.  I'll send out a message on dev to see if anyone can point me to where I would need to look in the code to add that.  It is somewhat necessary for what we want to do on the cluster we are setting up at work, so if it's not too difficult that may be the route we take.
Thanks,     Dave

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.
Only about half my vms are working on local storage.  The other half are on shared storage using live migration.  =/
Thanks for the suggestion though.  That may be useful for another installation I'm getting ready to set up.
Dave

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Posted by David Ortiz <dp...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.