Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cmose <cj...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/15 19:13:28 UTC

BrokerService stop not closing out everything?

I'm using an embedded Broker in a Spring application context. When the
context is destroyed, the broker is stopped (I can confirm this by the
broker's logging output), however, unless I kill the jvm instance, the
broker never releases it's lock on the persistence directory or unbinds from
the tcp address?

Is this the expected behavior? Should I not be able to stop and restart the
broker without dumping the jvm or am I just missing some obvious
configuration?

Gist of my broker configuration is as follows:
<bean id="broker" class="...BrokerService" init-method="start"
destroy-method="stop">
</bean>

<bean id="amqConnFactory" class="...AciveMQConnectionFactory"
p:brokerURL="vm://brokerName"/>

<bean id="jmsConnectionFactory"
class="org.springframework.jms.connection.CachingConnectionFactory">
</bean>

I've also tried this with the ActiveMQ xsd configuration in spring with the
same results, JVM_Bind exceptions when restarting the broker in the same jvm
and or it blocks indefinitely waiting on the persistence lock.

Thanks