Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2012/03/01 19:58:12 UTC

Some changes to the release process

Hi all,

I'll update ReleaseInstructions later but wanted to highlight a few
things that have changed.

* symlinks in www/dist don't seem to work anymore so I have removed
  them.

  The -current- links have been frowned upon by now, so I didn't intend
  to create them anew, but KEYS (symlinked from common) and README.html
  (symlinked from the release notes) didn't show up on www/dist either.
  I have now created real copies of said files (could have used
  hardlinks)

  This part is going to change somewhat once we use svnpubsub for
  releases.

* I've moved the DOAP file from trunk to the website.

  It doesn't make sense to include an outdated DOAP file with the
  releases IMHO, the site seemed like a logical choice but we can put it
  anywhere in svn.

Stefan

Re: Some changes to the release process

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2012-03-01, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Le 1 mars 2012 à 19:58, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

>> * symlinks in www/dist don't seem to work anymore so I have removed
>>  them.

>>  The -current- links have been frowned upon by now, so I didn't intend
>>  to create them anew, but KEYS (symlinked from common) and README.html
>>  (symlinked from the release notes) didn't show up on www/dist either.
>>  I have now created real copies of said files (could have used
>>  hardlinks)

> What is the purpose of 'common' now ? I guess we can remove it from
> dist, right ?

Right.

>>  This part is going to change somewhat once we use svnpubsub for
>>  releases.

> I delayed a little because I didn't want to do it in the middle of a
> release. I'll do soon; once the purpose of common is resolved.

Thank you

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 1 mars 2012 à 19:58, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'll update ReleaseInstructions later but wanted to highlight a few
> things that have changed.
>
> * symlinks in www/dist don't seem to work anymore so I have removed
>  them.
>
>  The -current- links have been frowned upon by now, so I didn't intend
>  to create them anew, but KEYS (symlinked from common) and README.html
>  (symlinked from the release notes) didn't show up on www/dist either.
>  I have now created real copies of said files (could have used
>  hardlinks)

What is the purpose of 'common' now ? I guess we can remove it from dist, right ?

>  This part is going to change somewhat once we use svnpubsub for
>  releases.

I delayed a little because I didn't want to do it in the middle of a release. I'll do soon; once the purpose of common is resolved.

> * I've moved the DOAP file from trunk to the website.
>
>  It doesn't make sense to include an outdated DOAP file with the
>  releases IMHO, the site seemed like a logical choice but we can put it
>  anywhere in svn.

+1

Nicolas