Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chetan Vora <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 17:16:35 UTC

Migrating custom queryparser plugin (4.3) to SolCloud ( 5.0)

Hi

We're looking to migrate some custome Lucene queryparser plugins and custom
request handlers that we wrote with Solr 4.3 to the latest version of Solr.
While we're at it, we would also like to move to Solr Cloud. Should we
expect these plugins/request handlers to be compatible with the Solr Cloud
architecture i.e hopefully minimal changes to get them to work? Are there
any pitfalls or things to look out for ? Just wanted to do some risk
assessment before we start going down this path.

FWIW, they allow for custom query syntax to be used which invoke custom
functionality (custom filters and collectors).

Thanks in advance for any feedback and pointers to appropriate content.

Regards
Chetan