Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Blower <an...@proquest.co.uk> on 2009/04/23 19:37:45 UTC

T5.1 Property Expressions

I just tried out the new T5.1 property expressions for the first time and got
an error. I’m trying to replace this:

${linkTitle}

public String getLinkTitle() {
	return getTitle(false);
}

With this:

${getTitle(false)}

Which I should be able to do according to the Grammar as far as I can see,
since but I get this error when I try it:

Caused by:
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyExpressionException: Node
false (within expression 'getTitle(false)') was type FALSE, but was expected
to be (one of) DECIMAL, DEREF, IDENTIFIER, INTEGER, INVOKE, LIST, SAFEDEREF,
STRING.
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.unexpectedNodeType(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:925)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.subexpression(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:637)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.createMethodInvocation(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:756)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.createMethodInvocation(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:730)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.createGetter(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:711)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.createGetterAndSetter(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:436)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.createAccessors(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:419)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl$PropertyConduitBuilder.createInstance(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:272)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl.build(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:1206)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PropertyConduitSourceImpl.create(PropertyConduitSourceImpl.java:1081)
	at
$PropertyConduitSource_120d3f0182d.create($PropertyConduitSource_120d3f0182d.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.bindings.PropBindingFactory.newBinding(PropBindingFactory.java:49)
	at $BindingFactory_120d3f0182e.newBinding($BindingFactory_120d3f0182e.java)
	at $BindingFactory_120d3f01826.newBinding($BindingFactory_120d3f01826.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.BindingSourceImpl.newBinding(BindingSourceImpl.java:81)
	... 107 more

RE: T5.1 Property Expressions

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
Congratulations, you have raised the "JIRA Issue of the Beast" as a duplicate of Tap5-663 which I entered last week. ;-)

Well that's an easy way round the 666 superstition, just mark as a dup and close...

Posted by Michael Prescott <mi...@gmail.com>.
Reminds me of some washroom graffiti I saw, reading:

668 - the neighbour of the beast

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Have you tried ${getTitle('false')}?