Posted to commits@xerces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/05/09 17:15:56 UTC

[Xerces Wiki] Trivial Update of "May2012" by Michael Glavassevich

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xerces Wiki" for change notification.

The "May2012" page has been changed by Michael Glavassevich:
http://wiki.apache.org/xerces/May2012?action=diff&rev1=6&rev2=7

  === Xerces-J ===

- We are aware that the Apache Lucene project had been distributing its own patched version of Xerces to resolve an issue problem they were having. The Xerces JIRA issue reported for the problem continues to remain open today because a test case that would be consumable by the Xerces developers was never provided. The initial reporter's test was 20 GBs, too large for many to download. Apparently Lucene has since implemented a work around and stopped distributing their own Xerces version. We certainly welcome the Lucene developers engagement if they're still interested in a resolution.
+ We are aware that the Apache Lucene project had been distributing its own patched version of Xerces to resolve a problem they were having. The Xerces JIRA issue reported for the problem continues to remain open today because a test case that would be consumable by the Xerces developers was never provided. The initial reporter's test was 20 GBs, too large for many to download. Apparently Lucene has since implemented a work around and stopped distributing their own Xerces version. We certainly welcome the Lucene developers engagement if they're still interested in a resolution.

  Mailing list traffic has been moderate (and increasingly lately in part due to GSoC); about 140+ posts on the j-dev and j-users lists since the beginning of March.