Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2009/04/09 23:28:53 UTC

Re: Can this Web layout be used with Forrest?

Brolin Empey wrote:

> I am currently using Forrest v0.8 with a locally-modified copy of the pelt
> skin.  Is it possible to use a Web layout like Ubuntu's home
> page<http://www.ubuntu.com/>with Forrest?  If so, would I have to
> switch from skins to the dispatcher?
> I can add user CSS if Forrest cannot generate the desired layout.  The most
> important part of the layout is the multiple columns.

It could be done with skins, but you would have some major work.

There is at least one example of a right-hand column
in our listing of example sites, in the section
"Sites using upcoming Dispatcher":
http://forrest.apache.org/live-sites.html#dispatcher

Also search the dev mail archives. Thorsten mentioned
a major new site he was building. It is not yet listed in
our examples.

As the Dispatcher is in development and not yet released,
we need to discuss it on the dev mail list. You would need
to use the development version, i.e. trunk of our SVN.

-David